Filipinos are you ready to cast your votes on May 13, 2019 for the Philippine general election? This is a midterm election, where the winners will take office on June 30, 2019. Here are the positions politicians are aiming for.
- 12 seats in the Senate of the Philippinesa
- House Representatives of the Philippines
- All regional elected positions in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)
- All provincial-level elected positions in the provinces of the Philippines
- All city-level elected positions in the cities of the Philippines
- All municipal-level elected positions in the municipalities of the Philippines
Under the Local Government Code and the 1987 constitution, all terms start on June 30, 2019, and end on June 30, 2022, except for elected senators, whose terms shall end on June 30, 2025. The Commission on Elections will administer the election. (source – Wikipedia)
I am sure those running in any positions are busy doing different campaign strategy in order to get vote from people. Every day, I hear campaign jingle of candidate and some are LSS already with these jingle. Well, exactly one month from today, we will cast our votes. We still have time to think carefully who will be the best person to put in the position. Remember, if we vote the wrong person we will be the one to suffer for the next three years. So, it is better to know the candidate first; learn their program and know their background first if possible.