January 26th, 2015
I’m sure everyone is excited; today 88 contestants from around the world will compete for Miss Universe title. This is the 63rd Annual Miss Universe Pageant happening from the FIU Arena in Doral-Miami.
I hope our very own Mary Jean Lastimosa will get the crown. She is 27 from North Cotabato. With her height of 5’9”, beauty and intellectual, I’m praying the Philippines will win this time.
About Mary Jean (MJ) Lastimosa
– a beauty queen with solid obsession for charity and public service. Born in a war-torn province with political insurgencies, she learned the values of bravery and became determined to excel in school. Her surroundings did not stop her from pursuing her passion for dancing, music and performance arts. This also encouraged her to work under the city government to work on education and child welfare projects. She took on the challenging course of Computer Engineering with the help of three scholarships and graduated with flying colors. Faith brought her to a different path and led her to be a successful entrepreneur and a beauty queen.
About the crown: Designed by Diamonds International Corporation
– Total weight – 411 grams
– An estimated value of $300,000
– 33 natural, translucent and colorless Bohemian crystals, cut, polished and metalized on the
rear side to enhance light reflection
– 5 large light blue topaz stones, symbolizing strength and loyalty, each weighing 18.6 karats
– 198 dark blue sapphire stones, symbolizing faith and wisdom weighing a total of 29.7 karats
– Encrusted with 311 small polished diamonds, weighing a total of 10.37 karats
– Base consists of 18-karat white gold strip that is 2 cm tall, 0.5 mm thick weighing 220 grams
– Case made from the highest quality Italian leather
Info and photos credit – Miss Universe
January 22nd, 2015
Owning a yacht can be quite pleasurable, especially when it comes to planning fun events with family members and friends. Nothing beats a party invitation that mentions “yachting” as part of the planned activities! However, owning a yacht, or any kind of boat for that matter, isn’t just about fun – it’s also about responsibility. Like a car or a motorcycle, you may find that your yacht will need regular maintenance and perhaps even some repairs in order to keep it in excellent running condition.
For suspected leaks, yacht appliances will include the necessary tools to remove rust, special sealants, new pieces of wood and fiberglass if necessary, and finally paint to ensure a smooth, consistent-looking finish. Finding a leak can take a bit of time, but fortunately it’s a relatively easy task – simply look for signs of moisture, such as rusty tools, soft wood, or mold.
For corrosion, special yacht sealants and paints will do the job at helping you to keep the worst of the environment’s minerals and salts from causing more than minor cosmetic damage.
And for more tricky repairs, such as problems with angling sails, steering the boat, or keeping the motor going, you can always contact a reputable yacht repair company for their services.
January 14th, 2015
Here in the Philippines, everyone is excited because of Pope Francis coming. He is expected to arrive in PH, tomorrow at around 5:45 in the afternoon and will stay in the country until January 19 (Monday). How I wish to see him in person but I’m away in Manila. There are different activities and masses to be held in different places.
Aside from Manila, he will go to Tacloban on Saturday to meet those people affected of Typhoon Yolanda way back November 2013. Pope Francis will have a lunch with selected 30 victims of Typhoon and earthquake in Bohol.
I really wanted to be part of any of his itinerary. It would be a blessing but it’s impossible for me and daughter to see the pope in person. My daughter took a chance to have a picture with his standee, which we saw in her school. How I desire this is real and my daughter is actually holding Pope Francis.
Let us pray that the visit of Pope Francis in the PH will be a successful and peaceful one. I heard first typhoon for this year is coming tomorrow so I’m praying it won’t affect papal visit. Let us pray for the safety of Pope Francis. I hope after the visit we will all embody mercy and compassion in our day to day living.
January 13th, 2015
People who are into punk styles often wonder where they can get the best selection of clothes, shoes, accessories, and more. Because local markets may not have the full range that punk fans appreciate, they may have to improvise or wait until they go shopping in a larger market. However, when they want their punk clothes, shoes, and more to be delivered to their homes without their having to go shopping in bigger cities, people can click here and shop online. They can check out the full range of shirts, pants, shoes, and accessories that fit their style and also fit their budget.
Some people want to wear brands that show their preference for certain bands. This website has a link that people can click to check out the list of band-related wares for sale online. They can also buy music, studs, jewelry, and other wares that can complete their look and help them enjoy their punk lifestyle all the more. If they want to buy for others who enjoy the punk lifestyle and fashion, yet do not know for sure what to buy, they can buy these individuals gift certificates to use online. They can also check out the featured products that the website makes available on a daily basis.
Punk fashion can be exciting and fun to wear. People can buy clothing, shoes, studs, music, and more by shopping on the website and checking out the full line of punk-related wares available today.